Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Too late?

I don't know if you're noticed but we can say goodbye to February in 3 days.  Yup.  There it was, almost gone.  And that brings us to March.  Obvious much?  Why yes, indeed!

My point:

March Sweater Madness!

Is it too late to organize this?  Do we dare drop the ball after all these years? 

I have mixed feelings about this.  The Olympic Sweater didn't happen.  I just didn't feel the love.  The Olympic Sweater from 4 years ago also did not get finished, if I'm being honest.  I've been thinking of putting it away though.  It's been sitting on my coffee table collecting dust for a couple weeks without a single stitch added on.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did cast on a new sweater yesterday, knit on it for 3 hours, producing 8 stripes of 6 rows (it's a top down sweater), ignored the pattern, royally messed it up (no kidding, right?), riiiiiipppped every stitch back and started again, actually following the pattern this time. I have made fair progress though.  It's plain old stocking stitch, and relatively fast.  And it's cotton. 

Anyway, sorry about that.  Got side tracked.  We were talking about the March Sweater Madness.  I'll post it on the Madness blog, and hope for participants.  I'll once again provide a prize, just as an incentive.  I plan on digging though my stash and find an appropriate pattern.  I could use another sweater.   I finally threw out the one I made years ago (4?) from Noro Silk Garden, but it has served me well.  The Lopi cardigan also needs to hit the bin but I need a replacement first.  It's funny how wool felts a little bit each time you don't take supreme care with the washing.  Because the grey Lopi cardigan I made a few years ago for this Madness business?  It's suffered.  It could stand to be replaced, too.  Sigh.   Yeah.  My sweater stash needs a thorough overhaul.  March Sweater Madness could help in this endeavour. 

So.  Are you in?

7 comments:

Toni said...

Oh no! Don't feel bad--they aren't all sweaters, but I currently have 21 WIPs on the needles right now. And yet, I have just spent the last hour browsing patterns for a March Madness Sweater....

Knitting is NOT for those with a strong sense of reality or moderation.........:)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I'm intrigued... I have a large cardigan on the go... what would this challenge entail?

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Toni, I'm going to steal that last line! It might become my new knitting motto! Thanks. At least you know how many WIPs you have. I don't. But I'm still going to cast on another.

Alex Warn said...

Today, there are many health experts available online to help you in giving guidance regarding treatment. Musli Kaunch Shakti capsule is one among the best herbal testosterone booster pills. At present, the above Best Testosterone Boosters specified cures can be easily availed from online market stores. Hence feel free to make use of these remedies as per the need. For effective result, follow healthy lifestyle with regular exercises and nutritious diet.

Alex Warn said...

In the beginning you will experience very rapid weight loss only for the scale to end up static at a set weight without lowering any more. Best BCAA Supplements What happened was that as your body was getting rid of those initial pounds, it was slowly getting accustomed to your new diet and exercise habits. Once your body got used to the new routine, your weight loss all but ceased.

Alex Warn said...

What happened was that as your body was getting rid of those initial pounds, it was slowly getting accustomed to your new diet and exercise habits. Once your body got used to the new routine, your weight loss all but ceased. Retro Lean Forskolin This situation is commonly known as weight loss plateau and when a person gets to this stage, this is about the time any diets for quick weight loss generally go out the window.

Alex Warn said...

Key ingredients in Musli Kaunch Shakti capsules are Gokhru, Kaunch, Musli Sya, Semal Musli, and Safed Musli. Best Testosterone Boosters All these herbs are blended in right combination and processed in the concoction of Bala, Gokhru, Ashwagandha and Musli Sya. This herbal remedy offers the best low testosterone herbal treatment.