Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Blizzard in Spring

I'm really hoping that this will be the last one of the season.  I might be fooling myself.  Mother Nature sure likes to mess with us here in beautiful Nova Scotia. 

This is a really bad picture of me and Purl after a little 4.17km jaunt through the blizzard.  Us girls needed to get out and stretch our legs. I worried that we might get blown away a few times but we persevered.  We encountered flying shingles on our walk/run/stumble so you know some homes didn't fare so well.  We should be thankful that we still have power, flickering but we have it.  Purl and I were on the home stretch when everything went dark in the neighbourhood.  Very eerie. Kind of spooky. The power outage only lasted a few seconds and slowly one street lamp came back to life.  The gusts pounded us with snow.  We kept on.  And get this!  About midway through our walk:  lightning! So bizarre. 

If you will notice, picture.  After a long hiatus. Turns out that Firefox was the answer.  Thank you, RobinH.

4 comments:

RobinH said...

You both look ready to tackle the artic!

Glad Firefox worked for you.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I heard your guys were getting hit really bad! Stay warm - stay safe - Spring should be here soon!

kathy b said...

i love your dogs name

Toni said...

Oh my!!!!