Sunday, March 02, 2014

I Did It!

I raced in my first half marathon!  That's a pretty big milestone in my running career.  It's not everyday that I go out there with the intention of running a 21.1km and think, eh, that's was easy. 


The Hypothermic Half, with its pathetic excuse for an organized event, was a pretty decent run, as far as the route went.  Even Mother Nature cooperated by not making it miserably cold.  Granted, it did start to snow rather heavy during the last 7 or 8km and between the melting snow and steam on my glasses I seriously wondered if I would end the run with a spectacular wipe out (for which I'm starting to get a reputation) by not being able to see.  All is well that ends well, as the saying goes.   I could have done better if I put more effort into it (I was so not feeling the love for this race) but for me, finished in 2hr23min16sec is perfectly acceptable.  I got the bling.  I ate a very overpriced brunch at the Atlantica Hotel.  I will not run in this race again unless there are some major improvements.  Like access to changing facilities, and more than 2 port-a-potties.  And something more at the finish line in terms of refreshments than water.  And the hat and glove combo instead of the standard t-shirt that came with registration?  Don't even get me started! 


So yes, I did it.  Got the bling to show for it.  Now onto bigger and better races.  Maritime Race Weekend is going to rock!

9 comments:

lexa said...

Congrats! There's a new race they are organizing in town here, not sure when, we've been making signs, posters, getting the medals, etc.... They are trying to make it a really big thing. It's called It's a Shore Thing or something to that effect. I will have to check it out when I get to work, let you know the details.

Toni said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Holly said...

Oh, that is fabulous. And I love the name for the race. My daughter is doing the NYC 1/2 in a couple of weeks as she is raising money for cancer research. Nothing like having a boyfriend undergoing chemo for osteaosarcoma to help you row up in a hurry.

Bling?

Alex Warn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex Warn said...

Keto Slim 7 Reviews There's numerous entire body way of measuring components are available to check regardless of whether you were chubby or perhaps under a healthy weight. One of the most trusted rating can be Body mass index (that represents Bmi) that compute your body muscle size as well as muscle mass pounds using callipers. It is specially used for the people people that experience diabetes mellitus as well as super stress. It procedures the actual exercise along with watches the quantity of foodstuff which is consumed by the pack leader that is suffering from over weight as well as below fat.

https://fitose.com/keto-slim-7/

Alex Warn said...

Even when there is physical damage limiting ability to achieve erection, there is still help with implants. Sometimes the sexual health of a man may be enhanced with counseling. As always, Staminon Reviews check with your physician and don't be coy about recruiting the advice from other medical professionals. Content writer How to Cure Premature Ejaculation , premature ejaculation remedy.

Alex Warn said...

When a man can't enjoy sexual activity and can't stay long with his partner, he is apprehensive of something wrong with him. Male Ultracore Reviews Not only does he feel humiliated that he couldn't satisfy his partner, but he himself is really embarrassed. He feels powerless with the situation. However, years old ayurvedic treatment for ED has brought for them a sense of relief.

Scr888 Malaysia said...

Nicely presented information in this post, I prefer to read this kind of stuff. The quality of content Scr888 is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the

post.

Great Awan said...

It is such an important topic Vella Skin and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware

of possible issues. Great stuff as usual...